President’s Message – Q4/2018
2018 Year in Review
This is the time of year for reflection and gratitude. As I look back on 2018, there is a lot to be thankful for:
- The strong Canadian economy, particularly in British Columbia, has helped Annex grow this year. All reports show that B.C. will lead the country in economic growth again in 2019. We are hopeful that our friends in Alberta will see stronger economic opportunity as well.
- Annex added numerous strategic new clients throughout 2018. We already generate the most IT contract and employment roles in B.C., but now will have an even stronger funnel of opportunities for IT professionals in 2019.
- We added staff this year resulting in Annex having one of the largest recruitment teams in Western Canada.
- Annex is a pioneer in IT recruitment in B.C. and this year we celebrated our 20th ANNEXversary. We are truly blessed to have been in business for two decades. I still enjoy what I do every day.
- It was a record year for Annex across most of our financial and non-financial KPIs.
- To cap off the year, we are proud of our Christmas sponsorship of Ronald McDonald House this month to help seriously ill children and their families. Please see that article elsewhere in our newsletter and we hope it inspires you to give back this holiday season.
Thanks very much to our clients for your loyal business over the years – I greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with all of you. A huge thank-you to all of the IT candidates we work with every day – it is a pleasure to help IT professionals find work to feed their families and grow their careers. Thanks to our suppliers for your partnership and alignment. A big, heartfelt thanks to the Annex team for helping making our company a leader in the IT recruitment industry and for making work fun every day.
Looking forward to 2019, here are a few things we are excited about in Q1:
- I will be leading my annual goal setting workshop on January 9th after work in downtown Vancouver called “Maximize Your Potential: Goal Setting for 2019 and Beyond” intended for client contacts and IT industry professionals. I will also be doing a “friends and family” session in Surrey in late January if you prefer. Space is limited and these events will sell out, so if you are interested in attending, please let me know.
- Annex is having a consultant appreciation pub night in February to help chase away the winter blues. Details on this and other upcoming events can always be found on our website: http://www.annexgroup.com/events/.
- Annex is partnering with IIBA Vancouver chapter to run a resume workshop in March during which we will share our top tips and tricks to help you land work. More details to follow.
- Annex is moving from comprehensive quarterly newsletters to brief monthly newsletters. If anyone wishes to contribute an article on their area of expertise, please contact me about the opportunity to be featured to tens of thousands of people across Canada.
Best of the holidays to you and your family. Cheers to a wildly successful 2019 in all areas of your life!